Friday, January 29, 2010

Linda Welby














Linda Welby


Biography:
Linda Welby

"a story to tell"



A native of Lougrea,Linda a young mother of eight children
now resides in Roscahill,Co.Galway.
"I love music and have a great interest in
people with stories to tell of the older
days of singing and music".
Brought up in a very musical
household with sessions on a regular
basis, local musicians would gather for an
all-night song and dance affair. I love all
the fleadhs and festivals and enjoy mixing
with fellow musicians. My Grandfather,
Paddy Doorhy played with the first
Ballinakill Ceili Band and he also played
fiddle with the first Leitrim Ceili Band,
he was known far and wide throughout
Ireland and won many awards at fleadhs
and festivals. A few weeks before he
passed away he had won a Connaught
championship.


He also wrote a few tunes, one of which is
widely known throughout Ireland and is
called the Leitrim Jig.
My Dad, also Paddy, came from
Loughrea and he played drums with
accordion player Joe Burke. Joe Burke composed a reel for
my Grandfather called Paddy Doorhy’s.
Dad is totally my inspiration and hero. I wrote a song for him
which is on this CD and is called Dear Dad.



I have a lot of goals in the music business
and I write a lot of songs, songs that are
sentimental to me...love songs especially.
When I feel down and out I write what
I’m feeling. I like all types of music especially
the Glen Miller and Pat Boone era.



I started out playing drums in a ceili
band.



Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

SDCOGTV

Watch videos at Vodpod and tech videos and more of my videos

Followers

Blog Archive