Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lane Murchison














Lane Murchison


Biography:

For More information Contact:



Lane Murchison

415-271-2965

lane@pacbell.net

PO BOX 470433, San Francisco, CA 94147

http://www.lanesmusic.com

http://www.bird-sf.com



IN LANE'S WORDS



"I started out playing the drums and still hit them everyday. My step dad took me to the guitar store when I was 13 or 15 to help him pick out an acoustic guitar. It was his guitar though he never intended to play it. I have played it while singing and making stuff up almost every day since that day and take it everywhere I go".



FACTS



Lane's first CD had no title. He personalized it by hand painting the front and back inserts of 1000 CD's, in total 2000 original abstract paintings.



In 2004 Lane co-founded Bird School of Music in San Francisco. Bird is a music school and recording studio and even a yoga studio that offers community yoga classes weekday mornings.



RECORDING "MEMPHIS, CALIFORNIA" at SUN STUDIO



Most recently Lane recorded with the legendary James Lott at the Legendary Sun Studio. Memphis, California features a horn section made up of Stax Music Academy Charter School students working alongside the best rhythm section in Memphis, Dave Smith-Bass(Johnny Lang) Rick Steff-Keys(Cat Power/Lucero) Robert Hall-drums(Jerry Lee Lewis) Jim Spake-sax(Al Green/Rufus Thomas/Alex Chilton) Here is a blog about Lane's experience with what he calls, "The Ghost of Rock N Roll". http://lanesmusic.wordpress.com



"I'm not a painter and thankfully have never figured out music. I'm no a teacher either. I'm just fortunate cause I get to play music for and with great people everyday."

No comments:

Post a Comment

SDCOGTV

Watch videos at Vodpod and tech videos and more of my videos

Followers

Blog Archive